The College Celebrates Founders Day
Published on 15 December 2017
St. Louis College of Pharmacy celebrated 153 years of educating future pharmacy innovators on Friday, Nov. 10. The celebration kicked off with STLCOP C.A.R.E.S. (Community Awareness Reaching Everyone in St. Louis), a
As part of the festivities, the College also welcomed guest speaker, Jeffrey P. Bonner, Ph.D., Dana Brown President and CEO of Saint Louis Zoo, who spoke about the Zoo’s international impact on animal research. Immediately following Bonner’s Convocation address, President John A. Pieper, Pharm.D., FCCP, FAPhA, and Amy Weckman Conger B.S. ’98, Pharm.D. ’99, president of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, presented the Distinguished Alumni Awards. The following awards were presented during the event:
- Young Alumnus Award – Christopher LaFleur, Pharm.D. ’10, CPH, and Patrick Harper, Pharm.D. ’10
- Dedicated Service to the Profession Award – Jill (Bot) Sellers, B.S. ’92, Pharm.D.
- Dedicated Service to the College Award – Amy (Hartley) Tiemeier, B.S. ’01, Pharm.D., ’02, BCPS, and Ken Schafermeyer, B.S. ’76, Ph.D.
- Dedicated Service to the Community Award – Jason Wang, Pharm.D. ’11
- Black Heritage Award – Robert Salter, B.S. ’70, Ed.D., MHA
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Alyssa (Stangel) Billingsley, Pharm.D. ’10
On Saturday, Nov. 11, the class of 1967 was inducted into the Gold Alumni chapter in commemoration of their graduation from the College 50 years ago. During the fun-filled weekend, College alumni and friends also returned to campus for this year’s Reunion celebration. For many who attended, the celebration marked their first visit to campus since the completion of the Academic and Research Building and Recreation and Student Center. The Founders Day festivities wrapped up on Sunday, Nov. 12, with 60 runners crossing the finish line during the annual Founders Day 5K.