The College has moved to online instruction for the remainder of the semester. Learn more about our ongoing COVID-19 response.
Community Service Scholars
$3,000/year (maximum of four years)
Students with a strong desire to impact the local community through service and action, should consider the Community Service Scholars Program. It can provide students with an opportunity to make a difference while receiving scholarship support to finance their education.
During the program, scholars will:
- Participate in College-sponsored service days
- Create and promote service opportunities and education to peers
- Engage in dedicated service with a single agency, issue area or organization
- Study philanthropy, social justice, leadership and community engagement
- Create a capstone project or presentation during their senior or P1 year
How to Apply
To apply for the program, submit:
- A completed Application for Admission
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- An application essay (500-700 words)
You have been charged with designing a service-oriented activity or event that will be executed by you and your peers and is intended to raise awareness for a health issue. Describe your plan for the event and address some of the following: the health issue you would address, why you chose it, who is the event’s target audience, your planning process, etc.
- A letter of recommendation written by someone outside of your family who is familiar with your past volunteerism, dedication to your community or potential as an agent of change within your community.
Please submit your essay by email to email@example.com. The message’s subject line should read Community Service Scholars Essay.
- February 3: Deadline for all application materials
- February 17: Finalist notifications
- March 6: On-campus Interview Day
For questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 314.446.8167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.