Summer Camps and Programs
Future health care professionals are being trained every summer at St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Programs targeting students from middle school and high school aim to introduce our diverse community to the benefits of a career in health care.
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is excited to offer summer programs for students who are interested in STEM and health care.
Mad Science Summer Camps
May 28-31 and August 5-9
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Pre- and post-care available from 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Two types of camp will be offered each week for students entering kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Secret Agent Lab: From decoding messages to using metal detectors and night vision, campers have the opportunity to check out spy tech equipment and take home lots of gadgets like spy glasses. They will step into the shoes of a detective as they uncover the science involved in evidence gathering and analysis. Campers will figure out the science of forensics in a hands-on look at crime scenes and become a super spy, learning clever ways of performing tasks as we take a hands-on investigation of the science that spies use!
- Gross Out Science: Miss Manners might not approve but your child definitely will!
Gross outcamp is a week of learning about our gross bodily functions. Campers will learn about burping, boogers, saliva, germs and investigate brains, cells, hearts, organs andblood. Campers will make exploding "toothpaste", handmade ice cream and will take home their own slimy "boogers" and lab coat.
BESt Pharmacy Summer Institute
June 10-July 19
Available for high school students.
The mission of the BESt Pharmacy Summer Institute is to expose and prepare local multicultural high school students for future careers in health care, with an emphasis in pharmacy.
The mission is executed through a model that combines academics, exposure and professional development.
- The program’s academic focus is on improving mathematics, science, language arts
- Students also get exposure to the pharmacy profession through pharmacy lectures and site visits.
- Professional development emphasizes personal brand, character and leadership development.