Benefits of Living on Campus
Living on campus provides you with access to support resources, developmental opportunities and makes you a part of a community that will provide lifelong relationships and memories. These experiences make living on campus a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Here are a few of the countless benefits of living on campus:
- Higher satisfaction and GPAs: According to the American Council on Education, students who live on campus are more satisfied with their college experience and earn higher GPAs.
- Convenience: In less than five minutes, students can be anywhere on campus — classes, cafeteria, library, bookstore, friends’ rooms and campus offices.
- Cost: Everything is included when students live on campus, including electricity, movie-streaming services, Wi-Fi, cable, furniture and a supportive staff that will assist students at any time. Students will also save money by not having to commute.
- Connection: Living on campus gives students an opportunity to better connect with the campus community and build relationships.
- Support: Living on campus offers students the emotional, social and academic support needed to succeed. Ten trained peer resident assistants, faculty, staff, professional counselors and administrators are available and close by.
- Safety: Both residence halls are card-access only and campus is staffed 24 hours per day, seven days per week by public safety officers.
- Network: Living alongside future health care leaders provides students with a built-in professional network after graduation.