The College has moved to online instruction for the remainder of the semester. Learn more about our ongoing COVID-19 response.
Partnerships and Grants
Through partnerships with more than 15 international organizations and individuals around the world, St. Louis College of Pharmacy provides opportunities for learning and cultural exchange.
- Through the Pharmabridge program, pharmacy faculty members from Indonesia, India, Nigeria, Nepal, South Africa and Ireland have visited the College to learn about clinical pharmacy and pharmacy education in the United States.
- The College has hosted international students from China, Hungary, Portugal and Saudi Arabia.
The College maintains memoranda of understanding with five international institutions, including:
Nelson Mandela University
With grant support, the College and Nelson Mandela University have partnered together to publish, "The Southern African Pharmacy Technician Training Manual." It is the first manual designed specifically for English-speaking pharmacy technicians in the region.
Trinity College Dublin
Students on rotation may choose to participate in research opportunities at Trinity College Dublin Ireland. Research opportunities include pharmacoepidemiology studies with The Intellectual Disability Supplement to The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing (IDS-Tilda) or research related to solid state pharmaceutics.
National Guard Health Affairs, Saudi Arabia
Students may choose to complete a rotation in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, that focuses on hospital and clinical hospital services through a partnership with National Guard Health Affairs.
Mekelle University, Ethiopia
Students may choose to complete a rotation in the internal medicine and pediatric clinical wards at Ayder Referral Hospital located on Mekelle University's (MU) campus in Mekelle, Ethiopia. Students also have the opportunity to present to MU faculty, staff and students on topics ranging from journal clubs to formal patient case presentations, disease state management, professional communication and patient chart workshops.
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico
Students may choose to complete a rotation at Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León in San Nicolás de los Garza, Mexico. Rotation sites include community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy and internal medicine rounds.
The College has also worked with:
- Friends in Village Development Bangladesh, Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China
- Common Ground International, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Lloyds Pharmacies, London, England
- Pharmacie de la Tour community pharmacy, Paris, France
- Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- JSS College of Pharmacy and Hospital, Mysore, India
- Goa College of Pharmacy, Panaji, India
ZadekMedical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
- Karma Thalo Foundation Medical Mission, Kathmandu and Lisamkhu Village, Nepal
- International Pharmacy Federation, Lisbon, Portugal
WomansUniversity, Seoul, South Korea
- Southern African
NazereneUniversity and St. Philip’s Mission, Manzini, Swaziland
American International Health Association
In partnership with Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, this grant addresses the need for skilled medical workers to provide care for patients diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Funds are awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease and Prevention through the President's Emergency Funding for AIDS Relief.
2016 Capacity Building Grant
This grant is used to expand international learning opportunities at the College in order to help students gain a broader view of the world. Funds are awarded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. State Department and administered by Partners for the Americas in Washington, D.C.