Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
in partnership with A.T. Still University Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a renowned, multidisciplinary health care educator. As the founding institution of osteopathic health care in 1892, ATSU instills students with the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape health care in underserved communities.
Students at St. Louis College of Pharmacy benefit from having three reserved interview invitations per academic year for the Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) program at ATSU Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health.
To see the program at a glance, download the Dental Medicine program profile.
About the Program
ATSU-MOSDOH’s dental program features an innovative curriculum, simulation technology, state-of-the-art facilities, service learning experiences and leadership training. ATSU-MOSDOH’s curriculum is integrative by interweaving core disciplines into the humans systems, preclinical and dental sciences with a strong emphasis on the application of clinical medicine and clinical dentistry.
Students spend their first and second year studying basic sciences and basic principles of patient care in the classroom and complete dental simulation exercises in the Kirksville, Missouri campus simulation clinic. During the third and fourth years, students transition to the clinical environment by providing patient care at the St. Louis Dental Education and Oral Health Clinic (St. Louis Dental Center).
Candidacy Selection Requirements
To be selected for candidacy, an applicant must meet the following conditions at time of application:
- Demonstrate suitable academic achievement as demonstrated by the following:
- Progress toward completion of an undergraduate degree at the College
- Science and Math GPA of at least 3.30
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.30
- Achieve a minimum score of 17 on Dental Admission Test (DAT) (average and all subsections)
- Apply to ATSU-MOSDOH through the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service by July 31
- Complete a minimum of 100 hours of shadowing or clinical experience with at least two different dentists required
- Provide three letters of recommendation, including letters of support from an advisor or science faculty member of a course the applicant took at the College, and a dentist
- Letter of endorsement on file from an advisor from the College before September 30
- Biology with lab (8 credits)
- Human Anatomy (3 credits)
- General Physiology (3 credits)
- Chemistry with lab (8 credits)
- Biochemistry (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry with lab (8 credits)
- Physics with lab (8 credits)
- English (3 credits)
Health Care-Focused Education
For more than 150 years, the College has been dedicated to health care education. Our focus gives you a unique advantage and lets you begin discovering your path in health care.
When you arrive at the College, located in the Washington University Medical Campus, you’ll begin taking classes that are designed and taught through the lens of health care. Even your history, English and biochemistry courses are specifically designed to help you become an exceptional health care provider or professional.
The MOSDOH Research Program emphasizes research in public health dentistry and the basic sciences. It is the home of the Network for Community Oral Health Research, the nation’s only practice-based research network devoted to research in the oral health of underserved populations.
The College is actively working on research combating the opioid epidemic and improving patient care through the Center for Clinical Pharmacology and Center for Health Outcomes Research and Education. Faculty at the College are also conducting science- and humanities-based research. Students at every level have opportunities to engage in meaningful research alongside expert faculty and clinicians.
Take the Next Step
To learn more about the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) or to schedule a visit, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.446.8328.