As an institution dedicated to the study of health care, St. Louis College of Pharmacy places a great emphasis on personal health and wellbeing. Therefore, the College requires that all STLCOP students be covered by a health insurance plan. Students will be required to show proof of coverage by a health insurance policy and will enter proof of their coverage online through the Aetna Student Health Web site by August 1. There will be an annual enrollment/waiver period during the summer months preceding the August 1 deadline.
It is imperative that students watch for e-mails during the spring and summer regarding when the enrollment will begin and how to waive this coverage. Instructions also will be included in the summer tuition statement, which is mailed in July. Students who have not shown proof of other coverage by the Aug. 1 deadline will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the new-student group plan through Aetna Student Health. Once enrolled, this policy cannot be cancelled.
- The STLCOP plan will be in effect Aug. 1, 2008 through July 31,2009.
- A complete summary of the benefits can be found on the Aetna StLCoP page or by downloading the information here.
- The cost for the 2008-09 school year is $1,865, (approximately $155/month) which will be divided into two semester payments.
- Financial aid packages can be adjusted to cover this cost
- Students enrolled in the STLCOP plan will not be charged co-pays for visits with SLU Student Health Services.